Gas Leak Detection in Katy
Fast & Reliable Service
Gas line leaks are a serious problem, requiring immediate assistance from a trained professional. A leaking gas line poses a fire risk and could put you and your family at risk of illness or worse.
At Mercy Plumbing, our gas line technicians offer fast and effective gas leak detection and repair, protecting your family when it matters most. Our prompt service reduces damage and ensures your gas line operates safely.
Signs You Have a Gas Leak
Gas is a colorless fume that many homes throughout Katy use as an energy source. It can power many of your appliances, from your water heater to your HVAC system. Gas is useful and efficient, but when it leaks, gas can pose a serious threat to your home and family. Keep an eye out for issues that may indicate you have a gas leak:
- Rotten egg smell – Although gas itself is odorless, companies put an additive in it to make it smell like rotten eggs to ensure that it’s impossible to miss.
- Hissing sounds – A rip or tear in the gas line will result in a hissing sound as the gas escapes the line.
- Dead grass in your yard – As leaking gas contaminates the soil in your yard, it will kill all the greenery in the area.
How to Handle a Gas Leak
If you suspect that gas is leaking in your home, follow these steps as quickly as possible:
- Call the gas company and inform them of the leak. They will turn off the main line to your home.
- Contact Mercy Plumbing for fast gas leak repair.
- Open your windows to air out your home.
- Make sure all your gas appliances are turned off.
- Evacuate your family and pets from your home.
- Ensure you are waiting a safe distance from your home.
- If someone is feeling dizzy or nauseous, take them to the hospital right away.
If you believe you have a gas leak in your home, don’t wait. Contact the gas company and Mercy Plumbing right away at (832) 876-9498.